Longmont, Colorado is charming and lively. Less than an hour away from Estes Park you can enjoy the history of this town, and the outdoor activities it has to offer.
Why should I visit Longmont Colorado?
Longmont, Colorado is an agricultural community that was built by Chicagoan pioneers of the west.
It was named after Longs Peak, which can be seen from just about anywhere in town.
Now the town has grown to about 85,000 residents, and still radiates a small town feel.
With sunshine nearly every day, outdoor activities are always in sight.
Where is Longmont Colorado?
Follow US 36 east of Estes Park. You’ll go through Lyons and arrive in Longmont.
What sort of Services and Amenities does Longmont offer?
In Longmont you can stay at a hotel, inn, or bed & breakfast.
Choose between locally run restaurants and national chains. You’ll find a variety of dining options to appease your appetite including Creole, Mexican, and Steakhouses.
What can I do or see in Longmont?
- Mile-HI Skydiving: Freefall from 17,500 feet! This center has over 35,000 annual jumps and is one of Colorado’s major sky diving facilities.
- Fair Winds Hot Air Balloon Flights: Pick any season to enjoy views on a pleasant sail across the sky.
- Dougherty Museum: Visit a collection of antique automobiles.
- Breweries: Stop by the Left Hand Brewing Company, Pumphouse Brewery, or Oskar Blues Brewery to taste some Colorado brews.
- Oktober Fest: Every September, enjoy three days of live music, local brews, food vendors, crafts, and kids’ rides!
- Historic Sites: Remnants of history include the Downtown district, the gothic Hover Home, St. Stephen’s Church from 1881, and Old Mill Park with its original buildings and artifacts.
- The Callahan House: This elegant Victorian home and garden is wonderful for special events, reunions, celebrations, and weddings.
- Longmont Museum & Cultural Center: Walk through art exhibits, the outdoor courtyard, and stop by one of the classrooms for an educational event.
- Union Reservoir: Come enjoy this 736-acre natural body of water. You can fish, swim, boat, camp, windsurf, and picnic at the lake. There’s also a volleyball court and dog beach, and weekly sailboat races in the summer.
- Golden Ponds: This Park has 4 ponds, 2.6 miles of trails, picnic shelters, wildlife, and views of the Rocky Mountains.
Share Your Thoughts
- City of Longmont
Official site for the city of Longmont, Colorado.
- Colorado Chili Pod
The Colorado Chili Pod is a chili appreciation society in Longmont.
- Longmont Area Visitors Association
The Longmont Area Visitors Association provides information to visitors on area attractions and activities.
- Longmont Downtown Development Association
The Longmont Downtown Development Association strives to create an enjoyable downtown area for everyone.
- Longmont Museum and Cultural Center
Make sure to visit the Longmont Museum and Cultural Center while in the area.
- Longmont Public Library
Official website for the Longmont Public Library.
- St. Vrain Valley School District
The Saint Vrain Valley School District serves the community of Longmont, Colorado.
- The Longmont Area Econmic Council
The Longmont Area Economic Council provides support for locally based businesses in Longmont.