Where can I find and enjoy nearby Ice Skating?
Ice Skate on the lake at Aspen Lodge. Enjoy views of Longs Peak and Meeker Mountain as you glide across the frozen water. Plus, it’s a prime spot for a game of hockey or broomball!
- Location: Go south on Hwy 7 (St Vrain Ave). Turn left into the lodge.
- Season/Hours: Depending on weather, the lake is usually open for Ice Skating from November-February/March, 3pm-nightfall.
- Cost: Rent ice skates at the Aspen Lodge Activity Center, $5 per rental. Brooms, balls, and sticks are available for free.
- Services: Aspen Lodge also has an outdoor hot tub, dining at the Aspen Lodge Bar and Grill, and sleigh rides.
- Phone: (970) 586-8133
YMCA of the Rockies
Ice Skate on Dorsey Pond at the YMCA of the Rockies, near the Beaver Meadows Entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park, just outside of Estes Park.
- Location: Go west on US 36. Turn left on CO-66/US 36. Turn right to enter the YMCA.
- Season/Hours: Depending on weather, the lake is typically iced over November-February/March, and open for skating Sunday-Thursday 8am-4:30pm, Friday-Saturday 8am-9pm.
- Cost: Day pass is $20/adult, $10/child 6-12, free/child 5 and under. Pass includes rentals.
- Services: The YMCA has a year round indoor swimming pool and snowshoe tours.
- Phone: (970) 586-3341