Why should I visit Boulder, Colorado?
In Boulder you can enjoy a beautiful hike or rock climb, and be a short distance from Pearl Street, a cultural trademark full of artwork, healthy food, and community gatherings.
Don’t forget to check the schedules at the performance venues. There’s a show nearly every night in Boulder, and some of the world’s best musicians love to come through.
Where is Boulder, Colorado?
It’s about 1 hour south of Estes Park.
Drive southeast out of Estes Park on US 36. In Lyons, continue on US 36 all the way to Boulder.
What sort of Services and Amenities does Boulder offer?
The city of Boulder is moderate in size and offers myriad lodging, dining, and shopping options.
What can I do or see in Boulder?
- Celestial Seasonings Tea Factory: Take a free tour of the factory in the factory’s hometown!
- Chautauqua: Enjoy a picnic, hike, and concert at one of the most beautiful parks in Colorado. Stay overnight at the lodge, and catch a bite to eat at the Dining Hall, which is a historic landmark.
- Dushanbe Teahouse: You will be in awe at this teahouse. Sip your tea inside this masterpiece of traditional Persian art. The interior and exterior tiles, carvings, and columns were made by hand in Tajikistan.
- Boulder Creek: Walk on the Boulder Creek path or grab a tube and float down the creek. If you’re lucky, you’ll be in town for the Boulder Creek Festival. Tons of food, fun, and vendors line the creek side.
- Flatirons: Take a hike through these stunning rock formations that pierce the sky—or, climb them!
- Pearl Street Mall: Pearl Street is rich in culture, art, dining, and shops.
- Hot Air Balloon Flights: Elevate your experience. See Boulder from the sky!
- Leanin’ Tree Museum and Sculpture Garden of Western Art: Check out this wonderful exhibit of western art, paintings, and a sculpture garden. Free admission daily.